Hello, my name is Jason, and I am a recovering imposter syndrome addict.
Imposter syndrome, also called perceived fraudulence, involves feelings of self-doubt and personal incompetence that persist despite your education, experience, and accomplishments.
Symptoms have included limiting beliefs of:
- I’m not “worth,” or I’m not “good enough.”
- I’m not a “trained” artist.
- I’m not a “certified” healer.
- I’m not “creative” enough.
I do not know how old I was when I started learning or believing that I wasn’t good enough, and I know that insecurities set in at a very early age.
So often, I’d get trapped in those insecurities and stop myself from starting something new simply because it’s easier not to begin than to overcome the fear of rejection. In other words, I was worrying too much about what others thought of me).
3 Spiritual Awakening Signs to Aid Imposter Syndrome Recover
There are some things I’ve learned during the last six years of my spiritual awakening journey:
- What others think of you is not your problem.
- You create your reality.
- You are a divine being, having human experiences.
Therefore, if those three things are true, then I think it’s safe to assume you can turn those statements of limiting beliefs into positive affirmations. Simply, because it’s your divine birthright to do so:
- I am worthy
- I am good enough
- I am creative
- I am learning to be an artist (practices makes greatness)
- I am a healer because I am healing.